Dec 10, 2010, 4:04 PM EDT
Yesterday I reported that the Rays and Cubs were talking about a Matt Garza trade. Today Ed Price from FanHouse tweets that one major league source is “certain” that the Rays will trade Garza and predicts that it will be to the Cubs.
Man, I hope Ed and I aren’t talking to the same guy. You know what they say: you’re not just talking to the source who has leaked to you; you’re also talking to everyone to whom he’s ever leaked.
Practice safe scoops, people.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 4
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 9
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 28
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)