Dec 10, 2010, 4:04 PM EDT
Yesterday I reported that the Rays and Cubs were talking about a Matt Garza trade. Today Ed Price from FanHouse tweets that one major league source is “certain” that the Rays will trade Garza and predicts that it will be to the Cubs.
Man, I hope Ed and I aren’t talking to the same guy. You know what they say: you’re not just talking to the source who has leaked to you; you’re also talking to everyone to whom he’s ever leaked.
Practice safe scoops, people.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)