Dec 10, 2010, 12:19 PM EDT
General manager Dayton Moore told Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star that the Royals are “in listen-only mode” when it comes to Zack Greinke trade talks.
“I haven’t made one call to one organization asking them if they’re interested in Zack Greinke,” Moore said.
Of course, that’s ultimately meaningless. Moore doesn’t have to make any phone calls, because the fact that he’s willing to entertain offers for Greinke is well known by this point and anyone interested is smart enough to give him a call.
It’s a bit like an attractive woman saying, “I haven’t approached one guy at one bar asking them if they’re interested in buying me a drink.”
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)