Dec 10, 2010, 12:19 PM EST
General manager Dayton Moore told Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star that the Royals are “in listen-only mode” when it comes to Zack Greinke trade talks.
“I haven’t made one call to one organization asking them if they’re interested in Zack Greinke,” Moore said.
Of course, that’s ultimately meaningless. Moore doesn’t have to make any phone calls, because the fact that he’s willing to entertain offers for Greinke is well known by this point and anyone interested is smart enough to give him a call.
It’s a bit like an attractive woman saying, “I haven’t approached one guy at one bar asking them if they’re interested in buying me a drink.”
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 10
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 50
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)