Dec 10, 2010, 12:19 PM EDT
General manager Dayton Moore told Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star that the Royals are “in listen-only mode” when it comes to Zack Greinke trade talks.
“I haven’t made one call to one organization asking them if they’re interested in Zack Greinke,” Moore said.
Of course, that’s ultimately meaningless. Moore doesn’t have to make any phone calls, because the fact that he’s willing to entertain offers for Greinke is well known by this point and anyone interested is smart enough to give him a call.
It’s a bit like an attractive woman saying, “I haven’t approached one guy at one bar asking them if they’re interested in buying me a drink.”
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)