Dec 10, 2010, 12:19 PM EST
General manager Dayton Moore told Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star that the Royals are “in listen-only mode” when it comes to Zack Greinke trade talks.
“I haven’t made one call to one organization asking them if they’re interested in Zack Greinke,” Moore said.
Of course, that’s ultimately meaningless. Moore doesn’t have to make any phone calls, because the fact that he’s willing to entertain offers for Greinke is well known by this point and anyone interested is smart enough to give him a call.
It’s a bit like an attractive woman saying, “I haven’t approached one guy at one bar asking them if they’re interested in buying me a drink.”
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 129
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 30
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 35
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (130)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)