Dec 10, 2010, 12:09 PM EDT
Mark Feinsand of the Daily News passes along word that Russell Martin, though considering offers from the Jays, Yankees and Red Sox, is leaning towards accepting the Red Sox offer.
I assume the reason for this is that he thinks he has a better chance of getting playing time in front of Saltalamaccia and Varitek than he does beating out younger, more highly-touted prospects in Toronto and New York. It would be awesome though if he made some kind of statement about going someplace where they’re “committed to winning; like Boston.” I just feel like that would drive the New York tabloids nutty. All over Russell Martin.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 35
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 54
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 90
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (90)