Dec 10, 2010, 12:09 PM EDT
Mark Feinsand of the Daily News passes along word that Russell Martin, though considering offers from the Jays, Yankees and Red Sox, is leaning towards accepting the Red Sox offer.
I assume the reason for this is that he thinks he has a better chance of getting playing time in front of Saltalamaccia and Varitek than he does beating out younger, more highly-touted prospects in Toronto and New York. It would be awesome though if he made some kind of statement about going someplace where they’re “committed to winning; like Boston.” I just feel like that would drive the New York tabloids nutty. All over Russell Martin.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)