Dec 10, 2010, 9:51 PM EST
The Rays were all set to trade Jason Bartlett to the Padres in exchange for Adam Russell and Cesar Ramos on Wednesday night, but Aaron wrote yesterday that the deal was off. Now we know why.
The trade isn’t completely dead yet, but a source tells Bill Center of the San Diego Union-Tribune that the Rays wanted to get a second opinion on one of the pitchers after conducting an initial physical exam.
The problem is “not believed to be serious,” according to Center, but there’s a chance that the deal won’t go through as initially agreed upon. In other words, if the Rays find something wrong with the pitcher, they will likely ask for a different pitcher in return. The Rays have exhausted their options for a trade involving Bartlett already, so this will probably get done one way or another.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)