Dec 10, 2010, 9:51 PM EDT
The Rays were all set to trade Jason Bartlett to the Padres in exchange for Adam Russell and Cesar Ramos on Wednesday night, but Aaron wrote yesterday that the deal was off. Now we know why.
The trade isn’t completely dead yet, but a source tells Bill Center of the San Diego Union-Tribune that the Rays wanted to get a second opinion on one of the pitchers after conducting an initial physical exam.
The problem is “not believed to be serious,” according to Center, but there’s a chance that the deal won’t go through as initially agreed upon. In other words, if the Rays find something wrong with the pitcher, they will likely ask for a different pitcher in return. The Rays have exhausted their options for a trade involving Bartlett already, so this will probably get done one way or another.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 54
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)