Dec 11, 2010, 5:28 PM EDT
Martin Gandy of the Braves-centric blog Talking Chop attended the Braves Foundation Wiffle Ball Game and Holiday Party for the Troops at Turner Field earlier today and ran into former major league catcher Johnny Estrada. The rest is a must-read.
Estrada, who has been out of baseball since the Nationals released him in 2008, revealed to Gandy that he has been living with post-concussion syndrome dating back to a nasty collision at home plate with Darin Erstad on June 6, 2005.
In case you don’t remember it, you can relive it right here on MLB.com.
I’m glad that MLB teams are being increasingly cautious in regards to concussions, but I wonder how many ex-players like Estrada are out there.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)