Brian Cashman is still waiting, just like the rest of us

Dec 13, 2010, 6:46 PM EDT

Brian Cashman

Ready for the latest on Cliff Lee? Well, there’s not much to report.

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told Tyler Kepner of the New York Times that much like the rest of us, he’s still playing the waiting game:

“They have not made any decision, same as yesterday… He’s got a life decision to make, and he’ll make one here someday.”

Sigh. Anything could happen still, but it sure sounds like there won’t be anything breaking tonight.

Ah well, at least that means another day of blogging about Brian Bruney for Craig and Aaron.

1. rick1922 - Dec 13, 2010 at 6:54 PM

The YANKEES should tell LEE they are moving on with out him and look at trades for a starter.

2. Amsterdamned - Dec 13, 2010 at 6:58 PM

So they should tell their number one free agent target to take a hike because he kept them waiting a few days? Yeah, solid logic there!

3. nickzorro - Dec 13, 2010 at 7:27 PM

How long do you think it would take you to make this decision, if it were yours? If I were the Yankees, I would pull my offer and look elsewhere for a pitcher. Who wants a player on your team who can’t make up his mind if he wants to play for you even with that unbelievable sum of money being offered and the chance to play for the most storied franchise in all of baseball history. I hope he chooses the Rangers or the “mystery” team. They can have him.

• rick1922 - Dec 13, 2010 at 7:33 PM

I COULD;NT HAVE SAID IT ANY BETTER NICKZORRO.THANK GOODNESS SOMEONE WITH COMMON CENTS.

• joshv02 - Dec 13, 2010 at 8:14 PM

SOCIALIST

4. Ari Collins - Dec 13, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Wow. Sense of entitlement much, fellas?

• thinman61 - Dec 13, 2010 at 8:01 PM

Yankee fans. What do you expect?

• paperlions - Dec 13, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I think it’s a cents of entitlement.

5. Adam - Dec 13, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Because everyone knows the contract is probably only one page long and in plain English, not legalese.

Heaven only knows how thick baseball contracts are and how many attorneys look it over before it makes it to Lee’s hand for a signature. I’m not saying that this is the reason he hasn’t signed yet, but if I were him I’d want multiple eyes to look over the contract before I signed for 7 years.

6. rick1922 - Dec 13, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I THINK DON;T THINK AN AGENT NEEDS 4OR 5 DAYS TO LOOK OVER A CONTRACT IT;S WHAT THEY DO FOR A LIVING.[THE]

7. Jonny 5 - Dec 13, 2010 at 8:50 PM

My Centses tell me Lee is in love with “team mystery”.

• thinman61 - Dec 13, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Gasp! But Team Mystery isn’t offering the most cents!

• Utley's Hair - Dec 13, 2010 at 9:45 PM

Alright, guys, how about a little centsitivity here?

When home-field advantage isn't so
  1. T. Lincecum (3202)