Dec 13, 2010, 6:46 PM EST
Ready for the latest on Cliff Lee? Well, there’s not much to report.
Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told Tyler Kepner of the New York Times that much like the rest of us, he’s still playing the waiting game:
“They have not made any decision, same as yesterday… He’s got a life decision to make, and he’ll make one here someday.”
Sigh. Anything could happen still, but it sure sounds like there won’t be anything breaking tonight.
Ah well, at least that means another day of blogging about Brian Bruney for Craig and Aaron.
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 12
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 51
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 24
- Roy Halladay is retiring 54
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 50
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)