Dec 13, 2010, 5:04 PM EDT
Sandy Alderson was on WFAN this afternoon, and he had this to say about Mets’ fans least favorite Mets: Oliver Perez and Luis Castillo:
“If they don’t earn their way on the team, they won’t be on the team”
It’s a transition year for the Mets. In some ways that’s a bad thing because it might mean little progress on the field. In other ways it’s a good thing because it gives management the opportunity to do the sorts of things that team with illusions of contention can’t do, like cut dead veteran weight.
Mets fans: have any complaints about the Alderson regime so far?
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)