Dec 13, 2010, 11:28 AM EST
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Dodgers are talking to Bill Hall, late of the Red Sox, about coming west to be their everyday left fielder.
Hall is a useful guy to have around as long as you’re not paying him extravagantly. His bat can’t carry left field — he hit .247/.316/.456 last season and that was his best year in some time — but he can play just about everywhere. Indeed, least year he handled every position except catcher, pitcher and first base. And he could probably play first if you needed him to.
Not an inspiring choice by the Dodgers if they go with Hall to cover left full-time, but he’d be a good signing as a super-utility guy with a bit of pop.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (93)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)