Dec 13, 2010, 1:04 PM EDT
I feel like we’ve reported on this multiple times already, but now it’s finally offical. The Mets have named their coaching staff: Dave Hudgens is the hitting coach, Ken Oberkfell is the bench coach, Mookie Wilson as first base coach, Chip Hale as third base coach, Dan Warthen is the pitching coach and Jon Debus as bullpen coach.
Don Long and Andy Van Slyke interviewed for the hitting coach’s job. Larry Bowa had been mentioned as a possible bench coach. Wally Backman was going to lead the pep squad, but the Wilpons decided that they needed to cut costs and eliminated that essential position.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)