Dec 13, 2010, 1:04 PM EDT
I feel like we’ve reported on this multiple times already, but now it’s finally offical. The Mets have named their coaching staff: Dave Hudgens is the hitting coach, Ken Oberkfell is the bench coach, Mookie Wilson as first base coach, Chip Hale as third base coach, Dan Warthen is the pitching coach and Jon Debus as bullpen coach.
Don Long and Andy Van Slyke interviewed for the hitting coach’s job. Larry Bowa had been mentioned as a possible bench coach. Wally Backman was going to lead the pep squad, but the Wilpons decided that they needed to cut costs and eliminated that essential position.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)