Dec 13, 2010, 1:04 PM EDT
I feel like we’ve reported on this multiple times already, but now it’s finally offical. The Mets have named their coaching staff: Dave Hudgens is the hitting coach, Ken Oberkfell is the bench coach, Mookie Wilson as first base coach, Chip Hale as third base coach, Dan Warthen is the pitching coach and Jon Debus as bullpen coach.
Don Long and Andy Van Slyke interviewed for the hitting coach’s job. Larry Bowa had been mentioned as a possible bench coach. Wally Backman was going to lead the pep squad, but the Wilpons decided that they needed to cut costs and eliminated that essential position.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 53
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)