Dec 13, 2010, 2:53 PM EDT
The Chicago White Sox signed reliever Brian Bruney to a minor league contract. He had a 7.64 ERA for the Nationals this past season and no one else gave him a shot once they dumped him, so I can see why the White Sox wanted to get this one nailed down before Christmas.
I dunno, maybe they’re bored. I’m bored. Like everyone else, I’m just waiting around for Cliff Lee to sign. Otherwise, nothing is happening. I’m so desperate for real baseball news right now that I’m willing to soften my stance on “Mystery Team” rumors. Heck, let’s go all-in with this:
Heard this: a mystery team is rumored to be signing an unknown player. Nothing is imminent, however, and terms are undisclosed at this time.
Ahhhh … that’s better.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)