Dec 13, 2010, 2:53 PM EDT
The Chicago White Sox signed reliever Brian Bruney to a minor league contract. He had a 7.64 ERA for the Nationals this past season and no one else gave him a shot once they dumped him, so I can see why the White Sox wanted to get this one nailed down before Christmas.
I dunno, maybe they’re bored. I’m bored. Like everyone else, I’m just waiting around for Cliff Lee to sign. Otherwise, nothing is happening. I’m so desperate for real baseball news right now that I’m willing to soften my stance on “Mystery Team” rumors. Heck, let’s go all-in with this:
Heard this: a mystery team is rumored to be signing an unknown player. Nothing is imminent, however, and terms are undisclosed at this time.
Ahhhh … that’s better.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 10
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)