Dec 13, 2010, 2:53 PM EDT
The Chicago White Sox signed reliever Brian Bruney to a minor league contract. He had a 7.64 ERA for the Nationals this past season and no one else gave him a shot once they dumped him, so I can see why the White Sox wanted to get this one nailed down before Christmas.
I dunno, maybe they’re bored. I’m bored. Like everyone else, I’m just waiting around for Cliff Lee to sign. Otherwise, nothing is happening. I’m so desperate for real baseball news right now that I’m willing to soften my stance on “Mystery Team” rumors. Heck, let’s go all-in with this:
Heard this: a mystery team is rumored to be signing an unknown player. Nothing is imminent, however, and terms are undisclosed at this time.
Ahhhh … that’s better.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 5
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)