Dec 13, 2010, 2:53 PM EDT
The Chicago White Sox signed reliever Brian Bruney to a minor league contract. He had a 7.64 ERA for the Nationals this past season and no one else gave him a shot once they dumped him, so I can see why the White Sox wanted to get this one nailed down before Christmas.
I dunno, maybe they’re bored. I’m bored. Like everyone else, I’m just waiting around for Cliff Lee to sign. Otherwise, nothing is happening. I’m so desperate for real baseball news right now that I’m willing to soften my stance on “Mystery Team” rumors. Heck, let’s go all-in with this:
Heard this: a mystery team is rumored to be signing an unknown player. Nothing is imminent, however, and terms are undisclosed at this time.
Ahhhh … that’s better.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming