Dec 13, 2010, 2:53 PM EDT
The Chicago White Sox signed reliever Brian Bruney to a minor league contract. He had a 7.64 ERA for the Nationals this past season and no one else gave him a shot once they dumped him, so I can see why the White Sox wanted to get this one nailed down before Christmas.
I dunno, maybe they’re bored. I’m bored. Like everyone else, I’m just waiting around for Cliff Lee to sign. Otherwise, nothing is happening. I’m so desperate for real baseball news right now that I’m willing to soften my stance on “Mystery Team” rumors. Heck, let’s go all-in with this:
Heard this: a mystery team is rumored to be signing an unknown player. Nothing is imminent, however, and terms are undisclosed at this time.
Ahhhh … that’s better.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 15
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)