Dec 13, 2010, 1:35 PM EST
Buster Olney passes along word that, in the event the Yankees don’t get Cliff Lee, they will likely not pursue Zack Greinke as a “Plan B,” which is what many have assumed they’d do. Buster doesn’t say why, but I assume it has to do with the concerns about his makeup/anxiety disorder and, oh yeah, the fact that they’d probably have to give up Jesus Montero just to get the conversation rolling.
To that end, today Jayson Stark details why neither the Yankees nor the Rangers look like great matches for Kansas City in a Greinke trade. The upshot: it’s going to take a lot of young talent. At the moment, no teams seem all that eager to give up the kind of load the Royals are seeking.
My guess, though: the load the Royals are seeking shrinks with each passing week between now and February.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 0
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)