Dec 14, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
No, that’s not a metaphor or anything fancy. It’s really what this post over at the Yahoo!’s racing blog “From the Marbles” depicts. Check out the pics. It’s kind of sad really. Sad for the baseball field in question, sad for the cars – I always anthropomorphize cars — and sad for the environment.
Still, I bet a grounder in that ballpark would take a truer bounce than you used to get in Wrigley Field before the last infield renovation.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (235)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)