Dec 14, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
No, that’s not a metaphor or anything fancy. It’s really what this post over at the Yahoo!’s racing blog “From the Marbles” depicts. Check out the pics. It’s kind of sad really. Sad for the baseball field in question, sad for the cars – I always anthropomorphize cars — and sad for the environment.
Still, I bet a grounder in that ballpark would take a truer bounce than you used to get in Wrigley Field before the last infield renovation.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 16
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 58
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)