Dec 14, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT
Non-tendered by the Blue Jays because they didn’t want to give him a raise on his 2010 salary of $1.08 million, Jeremy Accardo has signed a one-year deal with the Orioles worth … $1.08 million.
Accardo had a breakout season for the Blue Jays in 2007, saving 30 games with a 2.14 ERA in 67 innings, but he’s thrown a grand total of just 44 innings in the three seasons since then thanks to arm problems and ineffectiveness.
He spent most of this year at Triple-A, where his nice-looking 3.48 ERA and 24 saves masked an underwhelming 26/15 K/BB ratio and .306 opponents’ batting average in 44 innings.
At his peak Accardo averaged 94-95 miles per hour with his fastball, but his average velocity was down to 92.8 mph in a handful of appearances with the Blue Jays this year.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)