Dec 14, 2010, 5:17 PM EDT
Non-tendered by the Blue Jays because they didn’t want to give him a raise on his 2010 salary of $1.08 million, Jeremy Accardo has signed a one-year deal with the Orioles worth … $1.08 million.
Accardo had a breakout season for the Blue Jays in 2007, saving 30 games with a 2.14 ERA in 67 innings, but he’s thrown a grand total of just 44 innings in the three seasons since then thanks to arm problems and ineffectiveness.
He spent most of this year at Triple-A, where his nice-looking 3.48 ERA and 24 saves masked an underwhelming 26/15 K/BB ratio and .306 opponents’ batting average in 44 innings.
At his peak Accardo averaged 94-95 miles per hour with his fastball, but his average velocity was down to 92.8 mph in a handful of appearances with the Blue Jays this year.
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 3
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 89
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (89)