Dec 14, 2010, 5:57 PM EST
Expect a lot of these kinds of reports in the coming weeks: Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports the Marlins have no intention of trading right-hander Josh Johnson.
The Yankees are obviously going to start looking for a pitcher now. You’ll likely hear them connected to most solid young starters in baseball, at least in a speculative sense. Josh Johnson. Zack Greinke. One or more of the Athletics’ arms. Most teams understand just how valuable a young starter with a positive major league track record is, however, so New York will probably hear a lot of doors slamming.
But they’ll get someone eventually, right? Because that’s what they do.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)