Dec 14, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Expect a lot of these kinds of reports in the coming weeks: Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports the Marlins have no intention of trading right-hander Josh Johnson.
The Yankees are obviously going to start looking for a pitcher now. You’ll likely hear them connected to most solid young starters in baseball, at least in a speculative sense. Josh Johnson. Zack Greinke. One or more of the Athletics’ arms. Most teams understand just how valuable a young starter with a positive major league track record is, however, so New York will probably hear a lot of doors slamming.
But they’ll get someone eventually, right? Because that’s what they do.
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 48
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)