Dec 14, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Expect a lot of these kinds of reports in the coming weeks: Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports the Marlins have no intention of trading right-hander Josh Johnson.
The Yankees are obviously going to start looking for a pitcher now. You’ll likely hear them connected to most solid young starters in baseball, at least in a speculative sense. Josh Johnson. Zack Greinke. One or more of the Athletics’ arms. Most teams understand just how valuable a young starter with a positive major league track record is, however, so New York will probably hear a lot of doors slamming.
But they’ll get someone eventually, right? Because that’s what they do.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)