Dec 14, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Expect a lot of these kinds of reports in the coming weeks: Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports the Marlins have no intention of trading right-hander Josh Johnson.
The Yankees are obviously going to start looking for a pitcher now. You’ll likely hear them connected to most solid young starters in baseball, at least in a speculative sense. Josh Johnson. Zack Greinke. One or more of the Athletics’ arms. Most teams understand just how valuable a young starter with a positive major league track record is, however, so New York will probably hear a lot of doors slamming.
But they’ll get someone eventually, right? Because that’s what they do.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 29
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 208
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (209)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)