Dec 14, 2010, 5:57 PM EDT
Expect a lot of these kinds of reports in the coming weeks: Joe Frisaro of MLB.com reports the Marlins have no intention of trading right-hander Josh Johnson.
The Yankees are obviously going to start looking for a pitcher now. You’ll likely hear them connected to most solid young starters in baseball, at least in a speculative sense. Josh Johnson. Zack Greinke. One or more of the Athletics’ arms. Most teams understand just how valuable a young starter with a positive major league track record is, however, so New York will probably hear a lot of doors slamming.
But they’ll get someone eventually, right? Because that’s what they do.
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis is working on a no-hitter against the Phillies 0
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 3
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 30
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 40
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 16
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23