Dec 14, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
It’s been about 18 hours since the Cliff Lee deal went down. I slept for about three and a half of those, but the rest of that time my HBT buddies and I have been cranking the Cliff Lee coverage. In case you missed some, here’s everything. If this doesn’t interest you, at least save it someplace in case someone asks you to write a term paper on the subject of unhinged obsession. May come in handy!
- OMG! He’s actually going to Philly!
- Great, NOW what will the Yankees do?
- And for that matter, now what will the Rangers do?
- Is the Philly rotation one of the best ever?
- OK, maybe its not the best ever.
- More importantly: is it time to crown their a–, Denny-Green style?
- Methinks the Yankee Executive doth protest too much.
- Methinks I doth snark too much.
- Who are the winners and losers in this deal?
- Winners besides Cliff Lee’s accountants, anyway?
- And losers besides those who have to share a press box with Andy Martino next spring?
- A list of silly things people have said since the deal went down.
- You knew this was coming: Cliff Lee just wasn’t cut out for New York!
- Cliff Lee would’ve gone back to Texas for seven years, but Chuck Greenberg said no dice.
- Brian Cashman on the Yankees’ Plan B: “Patience.” I haven’t heard anything so inspiring since Jimmy Carter told us to wear sweaters.
- Tiffany Simons and I go over a whole bunch of this stuff … but on video! It’s like being in the future, really.
There will be a lot more stuff to spew out of this story as the day goes on. And Tiffany and I will be dusting off the video equipment later as we talk about it all ins a rare offseason edition of HBT Extra.
So like they say, keep it locked in to HBT and rip off the dial!
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)