Dec 14, 2010, 5:30 PM EST
It’s been about 18 hours since the Cliff Lee deal went down. I slept for about three and a half of those, but the rest of that time my HBT buddies and I have been cranking the Cliff Lee coverage. In case you missed some, here’s everything. If this doesn’t interest you, at least save it someplace in case someone asks you to write a term paper on the subject of unhinged obsession. May come in handy!
- OMG! He’s actually going to Philly!
- Great, NOW what will the Yankees do?
- And for that matter, now what will the Rangers do?
- Is the Philly rotation one of the best ever?
- OK, maybe its not the best ever.
- More importantly: is it time to crown their a–, Denny-Green style?
- Methinks the Yankee Executive doth protest too much.
- Methinks I doth snark too much.
- Who are the winners and losers in this deal?
- Winners besides Cliff Lee’s accountants, anyway?
- And losers besides those who have to share a press box with Andy Martino next spring?
- A list of silly things people have said since the deal went down.
- You knew this was coming: Cliff Lee just wasn’t cut out for New York!
- Cliff Lee would’ve gone back to Texas for seven years, but Chuck Greenberg said no dice.
- Brian Cashman on the Yankees’ Plan B: “Patience.” I haven’t heard anything so inspiring since Jimmy Carter told us to wear sweaters.
- Tiffany Simons and I go over a whole bunch of this stuff … but on video! It’s like being in the future, really.
There will be a lot more stuff to spew out of this story as the day goes on. And Tiffany and I will be dusting off the video equipment later as we talk about it all ins a rare offseason edition of HBT Extra.
So like they say, keep it locked in to HBT and rip off the dial!
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 41
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)