Dec 15, 2010, 3:40 PM EDT
Bodog.com has set an early over/under line on the combined 2011 wins from the Phillies’ four aces: 61.
At first glance (and considering the tremendous hype) that may seem like a low number, but this year Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Roy Oswalt, and Cole Hamels combined for 58 victories and Halladay (21) was the only one with more than 13.
They combined for 73 wins in 2008 and 49 wins in 2009.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)