Dec 15, 2010, 3:40 PM EDT
Bodog.com has set an early over/under line on the combined 2011 wins from the Phillies’ four aces: 61.
At first glance (and considering the tremendous hype) that may seem like a low number, but this year Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Roy Oswalt, and Cole Hamels combined for 58 victories and Halladay (21) was the only one with more than 13.
They combined for 73 wins in 2008 and 49 wins in 2009.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 2
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 177
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (179)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)