Dec 15, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
Jayson Werth had his introductory press conference with the Nationals a couple of hours ago. The only news nugget of note — besides the fact that he has shaved his beard and now sports only a soul patch — is that he has a full no-trade clause for the entire duration of his contract.
I find this interesting only insofar as I thought that a seven-year, $126 million contract to a corner outfielder over 30 was a defacto no-trade clause to begin with.
I mean, would you take him at that price?
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)