Dec 15, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
Jayson Werth had his introductory press conference with the Nationals a couple of hours ago. The only news nugget of note — besides the fact that he has shaved his beard and now sports only a soul patch — is that he has a full no-trade clause for the entire duration of his contract.
I find this interesting only insofar as I thought that a seven-year, $126 million contract to a corner outfielder over 30 was a defacto no-trade clause to begin with.
I mean, would you take him at that price?
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 18
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 26
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 24
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 39
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)