Dec 15, 2010, 3:11 PM EST
Jayson Werth had his introductory press conference with the Nationals a couple of hours ago. The only news nugget of note — besides the fact that he has shaved his beard and now sports only a soul patch — is that he has a full no-trade clause for the entire duration of his contract.
I find this interesting only insofar as I thought that a seven-year, $126 million contract to a corner outfielder over 30 was a defacto no-trade clause to begin with.
I mean, would you take him at that price?
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 0
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 6
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)