Dec 15, 2010, 12:58 PM EDT
The commissioner’s office announced today that the MLB minimum salary will rise to $414,000 for 2011, which is a $14,000 increase from the $400,000 mark this year.
As part of the collective bargaining agreement the minimum salary rises at the same rate as the increase in the Consumer Price Index-Urban Wage Earners and Clerical Workers.
Minor leaguers also receive a bump in pay, with the minimum salary for non-big leaguers on the 40-man roster rising from $65,000 to $67,300.
Earlier this week the Associated Press reported that the average MLB salary exceeded $3 million in 2010 for the first time.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)