Dec 15, 2010, 9:11 AM EDT
Not to pick on this message board guy because I’ve seen the sentiment around in many places, but …
Now that Cliff Lee is going to the Phils, I think the Yankees should turn their attention to seeking a trade for Felix Hernandez of the Seattle Mariners. The Yankees should be prepared to offer four of the best young players in their minor leagues , including Montero, Betances,Nova and Nunez. These young players can help Seattle build a new team,which it needs very much. Having just one good pitcher like Hernandez is clearly not enough for this team.
Resolved: your level of panic as a Yankees fan is directly related to the strength of your belief that Brian Cashman can trade for Felix Hernandez.
He’s not going anywhere. The Mariners aren’t dealing him. Not now anyway. Indeed, the only reason they would trade him is if they had the same level of concern for the Yankees playoff chances as Yankees fans do. Or if Cashman were to offer Cano, Montero, Gardner and Hughes while picking up salary. In which case, sure, a deal could be struck.
Call me crazy, but I’m not seein’ that.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (81)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (75)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (73)