Dec 15, 2010, 9:11 AM EDT
Not to pick on this message board guy because I’ve seen the sentiment around in many places, but …
Now that Cliff Lee is going to the Phils, I think the Yankees should turn their attention to seeking a trade for Felix Hernandez of the Seattle Mariners. The Yankees should be prepared to offer four of the best young players in their minor leagues , including Montero, Betances,Nova and Nunez. These young players can help Seattle build a new team,which it needs very much. Having just one good pitcher like Hernandez is clearly not enough for this team.
Resolved: your level of panic as a Yankees fan is directly related to the strength of your belief that Brian Cashman can trade for Felix Hernandez.
He’s not going anywhere. The Mariners aren’t dealing him. Not now anyway. Indeed, the only reason they would trade him is if they had the same level of concern for the Yankees playoff chances as Yankees fans do. Or if Cashman were to offer Cano, Montero, Gardner and Hughes while picking up salary. In which case, sure, a deal could be struck.
Call me crazy, but I’m not seein’ that.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 54
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (77)