Dec 15, 2010, 9:11 AM EDT
Not to pick on this message board guy because I’ve seen the sentiment around in many places, but …
Now that Cliff Lee is going to the Phils, I think the Yankees should turn their attention to seeking a trade for Felix Hernandez of the Seattle Mariners. The Yankees should be prepared to offer four of the best young players in their minor leagues , including Montero, Betances,Nova and Nunez. These young players can help Seattle build a new team,which it needs very much. Having just one good pitcher like Hernandez is clearly not enough for this team.
Resolved: your level of panic as a Yankees fan is directly related to the strength of your belief that Brian Cashman can trade for Felix Hernandez.
He’s not going anywhere. The Mariners aren’t dealing him. Not now anyway. Indeed, the only reason they would trade him is if they had the same level of concern for the Yankees playoff chances as Yankees fans do. Or if Cashman were to offer Cano, Montero, Gardner and Hughes while picking up salary. In which case, sure, a deal could be struck.
Call me crazy, but I’m not seein’ that.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 7
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)