Dec 15, 2010, 9:11 AM EST
Not to pick on this message board guy because I’ve seen the sentiment around in many places, but …
Now that Cliff Lee is going to the Phils, I think the Yankees should turn their attention to seeking a trade for Felix Hernandez of the Seattle Mariners. The Yankees should be prepared to offer four of the best young players in their minor leagues , including Montero, Betances,Nova and Nunez. These young players can help Seattle build a new team,which it needs very much. Having just one good pitcher like Hernandez is clearly not enough for this team.
Resolved: your level of panic as a Yankees fan is directly related to the strength of your belief that Brian Cashman can trade for Felix Hernandez.
He’s not going anywhere. The Mariners aren’t dealing him. Not now anyway. Indeed, the only reason they would trade him is if they had the same level of concern for the Yankees playoff chances as Yankees fans do. Or if Cashman were to offer Cano, Montero, Gardner and Hughes while picking up salary. In which case, sure, a deal could be struck.
Call me crazy, but I’m not seein’ that.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 39
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 89
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)