Dec 15, 2010, 11:57 AM EDT
This should not be surprising, but the Indians are reducing their ticket prices in the face of a pretty severe dropoff in attendance. The details are all in the article. It seems straight-forward: across the board cuts with extra perks for season ticket holders such as access to the restaurant usually reserved for club level ticket holders and stuff like that.
The best part: the article is couched in terms of supply and demand rather than “well, the Indians cut the payroll, so of course they lowered prices.” Not that it will stop people from believing that it is player salaries that drive such things.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)