Dec 15, 2010, 11:57 AM EDT
This should not be surprising, but the Indians are reducing their ticket prices in the face of a pretty severe dropoff in attendance. The details are all in the article. It seems straight-forward: across the board cuts with extra perks for season ticket holders such as access to the restaurant usually reserved for club level ticket holders and stuff like that.
The best part: the article is couched in terms of supply and demand rather than “well, the Indians cut the payroll, so of course they lowered prices.” Not that it will stop people from believing that it is player salaries that drive such things.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)