Dec 15, 2010, 11:57 AM EDT
This should not be surprising, but the Indians are reducing their ticket prices in the face of a pretty severe dropoff in attendance. The details are all in the article. It seems straight-forward: across the board cuts with extra perks for season ticket holders such as access to the restaurant usually reserved for club level ticket holders and stuff like that.
The best part: the article is couched in terms of supply and demand rather than “well, the Indians cut the payroll, so of course they lowered prices.” Not that it will stop people from believing that it is player salaries that drive such things.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20