Dec 15, 2010, 1:29 PM EST
The below pic was taken today as Prince Fielder visited a Japanese junior high school and taught some mad baseball skills to the kids as a part of the Major League Baseball International Ambassador program. I also like this one.
But really, the reason I posted them is that judging by others in the stream of photos via the stream of photos coming over the wire, it looks like Prince has lost a bit of weight. I don’t know. Maybe I’m nuts. Maybe it just looks like it because his shirt is untucked or something.
I guess what I’m saying is, I won’t be as dubious as I usually am if we get a “Prince Fielder is in the best shape of his life” story in the next two months.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 12
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 57
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)