Dec 16, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Nationals, Orioles and Padres are pursuing both Adam LaRoche and Derrek Lee.
Two seats, three teams playing the game. I guess it’s a shame that Lance Berkman thought it was a good idea to become a right fielder, because then everyone could have their second-tier first baseman.
As it is, you have to figure that the Nats and Orioles are more likely destinations. Partially because they may be more willing to spend money than the Padres, but also because Petco Park is a way tougher place to hit than Camden Yards or Nationals Park. Both LaRoche and Lee are probably looking at one-year deals during which they’ll want to build value. Having their power numbers crater due to moving to San Diego and facing the Giants and the Dodgers pitching staffs 36 times or whatever it is can’t seem too tempting.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)