Dec 16, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Nationals, Orioles and Padres are pursuing both Adam LaRoche and Derrek Lee.
Two seats, three teams playing the game. I guess it’s a shame that Lance Berkman thought it was a good idea to become a right fielder, because then everyone could have their second-tier first baseman.
As it is, you have to figure that the Nats and Orioles are more likely destinations. Partially because they may be more willing to spend money than the Padres, but also because Petco Park is a way tougher place to hit than Camden Yards or Nationals Park. Both LaRoche and Lee are probably looking at one-year deals during which they’ll want to build value. Having their power numbers crater due to moving to San Diego and facing the Giants and the Dodgers pitching staffs 36 times or whatever it is can’t seem too tempting.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)