Dec 16, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Nationals, Orioles and Padres are pursuing both Adam LaRoche and Derrek Lee.
Two seats, three teams playing the game. I guess it’s a shame that Lance Berkman thought it was a good idea to become a right fielder, because then everyone could have their second-tier first baseman.
As it is, you have to figure that the Nats and Orioles are more likely destinations. Partially because they may be more willing to spend money than the Padres, but also because Petco Park is a way tougher place to hit than Camden Yards or Nationals Park. Both LaRoche and Lee are probably looking at one-year deals during which they’ll want to build value. Having their power numbers crater due to moving to San Diego and facing the Giants and the Dodgers pitching staffs 36 times or whatever it is can’t seem too tempting.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)