Dec 16, 2010, 8:49 PM EDT
Most of this is already known, but it’s worth revisiting anyway.
The Yankees, Red Sox and Nationals are all on that list. (Got most of that, too)
The Rangers, Angels and Tigers, however, are not. (Some of that is new)
Greinke has expressed a strong desire to leave Kansas City, so none of this stuff might matter in the long run if he really wants to get out of town. But it’s safe to assume that the right-hander’s past anxiety issues have a lot to do with his decision to name cities like New York, Boston and D.C. on his no-trade list. Most young pitchers would eat up the idea of big city attention, but Greinke doesn’t seem to operate like most pitchers.
The market for the ace right-hander is expected to pick up in the next few weeks now that Cliff Lee is signed, sealed, delivered. A host of teams are interested, but it’s going to take a serious package of prospects to get a deal worked out.
Jayson Stark of ESPN.com heard earlier this month that the Royals are looking for “up-the-middle” youngsters: shortstops, second basemen and center fielders. Kansas City already has a ton of pitching talent coming through the pipeline, along with a future stud catcher in Wil Myers, a future slugger in first baseman Eric Hosmer and a potential star third baseman in Mike Moustakas.
Let the bidding begin.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 11
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 46
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 36
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)