Dec 16, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Bob Klapisch reports that the Yankees are “getting close” on Pedro Feliciano, who called the Mets’ bullpen home for most of the last nine seasons.
Feliciano, who is 34, has pitched in a metric butt-load of games over the past five years. He shuts down lefties, though, to the tune of .214/.282/.297 for his career. If limited to getting lefties out, a ton of games won’t necessarily kill a guy.
The Red Sox and Phillies had reportedly been interested in Feliciano, but it appears that the Yankees will snag him. That should about even things up for all of that Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Cliff Lee business, no?
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 42
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 119
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (119)