Dec 16, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Bob Klapisch reports that the Yankees are “getting close” on Pedro Feliciano, who called the Mets’ bullpen home for most of the last nine seasons.
Feliciano, who is 34, has pitched in a metric butt-load of games over the past five years. He shuts down lefties, though, to the tune of .214/.282/.297 for his career. If limited to getting lefties out, a ton of games won’t necessarily kill a guy.
The Red Sox and Phillies had reportedly been interested in Feliciano, but it appears that the Yankees will snag him. That should about even things up for all of that Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Cliff Lee business, no?
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 45
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 23
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)