Dec 16, 2010, 12:30 PM EST
Bob Klapisch reports that the Yankees are “getting close” on Pedro Feliciano, who called the Mets’ bullpen home for most of the last nine seasons.
Feliciano, who is 34, has pitched in a metric butt-load of games over the past five years. He shuts down lefties, though, to the tune of .214/.282/.297 for his career. If limited to getting lefties out, a ton of games won’t necessarily kill a guy.
The Red Sox and Phillies had reportedly been interested in Feliciano, but it appears that the Yankees will snag him. That should about even things up for all of that Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford and Cliff Lee business, no?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)