Dec 17, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
Remember how the guys from DRaysBay were trying to collect money to create and place an ad in the Tampa Bay Times saying thank you to Carl Crawford for all of his years of service to Rays Nation? Well, they did it. Here’s what it looks like. Here’s the DraysBay guys’ thank you to the thank you-supporters. I love it when a plan comes together.
This actually has me misty. No, I’m not getting sentimental at the gesture. I’m sad because this is likely the last time I can use this pic of Crawford running the bases. One of my top five favorites since we started the blog up. Oh well. All good things, as they say.
In other news, it is not inaccurate to refer to Rays fans as “Rays Nation.” Nauru is a nation. So is San Marino, Liechtenstein and Andorra. By the way, click that link for Nauru and scroll down to the pic of their parliament. It looks like a Best Western. Pretty awesome!
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)