Dec 17, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
Remember how the guys from DRaysBay were trying to collect money to create and place an ad in the Tampa Bay Times saying thank you to Carl Crawford for all of his years of service to Rays Nation? Well, they did it. Here’s what it looks like. Here’s the DraysBay guys’ thank you to the thank you-supporters. I love it when a plan comes together.
This actually has me misty. No, I’m not getting sentimental at the gesture. I’m sad because this is likely the last time I can use this pic of Crawford running the bases. One of my top five favorites since we started the blog up. Oh well. All good things, as they say.
In other news, it is not inaccurate to refer to Rays fans as “Rays Nation.” Nauru is a nation. So is San Marino, Liechtenstein and Andorra. By the way, click that link for Nauru and scroll down to the pic of their parliament. It looks like a Best Western. Pretty awesome!
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 1
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 37
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 118
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (118)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)