Dec 17, 2010, 10:20 AM EDT
Remember how the guys from DRaysBay were trying to collect money to create and place an ad in the Tampa Bay Times saying thank you to Carl Crawford for all of his years of service to Rays Nation? Well, they did it. Here’s what it looks like. Here’s the DraysBay guys’ thank you to the thank you-supporters. I love it when a plan comes together.
This actually has me misty. No, I’m not getting sentimental at the gesture. I’m sad because this is likely the last time I can use this pic of Crawford running the bases. One of my top five favorites since we started the blog up. Oh well. All good things, as they say.
In other news, it is not inaccurate to refer to Rays fans as “Rays Nation.” Nauru is a nation. So is San Marino, Liechtenstein and Andorra. By the way, click that link for Nauru and scroll down to the pic of their parliament. It looks like a Best Western. Pretty awesome!
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 6
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 11
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3