Dec 17, 2010, 9:32 AM EST
The Yankees have their LOOGY. Or almost have him. Heyman reports that New York is on the verge of signing Pedro Feliciano to a two-year deal. He’d make $4 million a year. There’s also an option, which I presume would be a team option, but it’s unclear at the moment.
Bob Klapisch was the first to report that the Bombers and Feliciano were close to a deal yesterday. Feliciano has caused lefties to hit .214/.282/.297 for his career. Adrian Gonzalez will become quite familiar with his work over the next couple of years.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 19
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)