Dec 17, 2010, 9:32 AM EDT
The Yankees have their LOOGY. Or almost have him. Heyman reports that New York is on the verge of signing Pedro Feliciano to a two-year deal. He’d make $4 million a year. There’s also an option, which I presume would be a team option, but it’s unclear at the moment.
Bob Klapisch was the first to report that the Bombers and Feliciano were close to a deal yesterday. Feliciano has caused lefties to hit .214/.282/.297 for his career. Adrian Gonzalez will become quite familiar with his work over the next couple of years.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)