Dec 17, 2010, 12:19 PM EST
It’s been a busy offseason so far for Brad Penny. He got engaged to one of the pros from “Dancing with the Stars.” He’s busy getting into The Best Shape of His Life. And now he may be packing his bags for Detroit. That’s what Jon Paul Morosi is saying, reporting that the Tigers have expressed interest in the righty.
Penny would be a pretty good pickup for the Tigers. He started strong last season before that back injury — pulled lat — sidelined him. Given what the White Sox have done to add to their lineup this winter, the Tigers will need an arm or two to keep pace.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (92)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)