Dec 17, 2010, 12:19 PM EDT
It’s been a busy offseason so far for Brad Penny. He got engaged to one of the pros from “Dancing with the Stars.” He’s busy getting into The Best Shape of His Life. And now he may be packing his bags for Detroit. That’s what Jon Paul Morosi is saying, reporting that the Tigers have expressed interest in the righty.
Penny would be a pretty good pickup for the Tigers. He started strong last season before that back injury — pulled lat — sidelined him. Given what the White Sox have done to add to their lineup this winter, the Tigers will need an arm or two to keep pace.
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 5
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)