Dec 17, 2010, 12:19 PM EST
It’s been a busy offseason so far for Brad Penny. He got engaged to one of the pros from “Dancing with the Stars.” He’s busy getting into The Best Shape of His Life. And now he may be packing his bags for Detroit. That’s what Jon Paul Morosi is saying, reporting that the Tigers have expressed interest in the righty.
Penny would be a pretty good pickup for the Tigers. He started strong last season before that back injury — pulled lat — sidelined him. Given what the White Sox have done to add to their lineup this winter, the Tigers will need an arm or two to keep pace.
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 0
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 54
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 36
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)