Dec 17, 2010, 12:19 PM EDT
It’s been a busy offseason so far for Brad Penny. He got engaged to one of the pros from “Dancing with the Stars.” He’s busy getting into The Best Shape of His Life. And now he may be packing his bags for Detroit. That’s what Jon Paul Morosi is saying, reporting that the Tigers have expressed interest in the righty.
Penny would be a pretty good pickup for the Tigers. He started strong last season before that back injury — pulled lat — sidelined him. Given what the White Sox have done to add to their lineup this winter, the Tigers will need an arm or two to keep pace.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)