Dec 17, 2010, 10:03 AM EDT
MLB.com says that Joe Mauer underwent minor surgery on his left knee this week. I didn’t know he needed it, but apparently it was no big deal: just some inflammation build-up. He’s expected to be good to go once spring training starts.
While we’re in Minnesota, I would just like to note that I could not be more pleased that the Vikings have to play an outdoor game in terrible weather in front of fans who have to fight for the best seats while simultaneously being deprived of life-giving beer. People say that outdoor baseball in Minneapolis is a bad idea. Beats the heck out of that spectacle, no?
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 133
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)