Dec 17, 2010, 10:03 AM EDT
MLB.com says that Joe Mauer underwent minor surgery on his left knee this week. I didn’t know he needed it, but apparently it was no big deal: just some inflammation build-up. He’s expected to be good to go once spring training starts.
While we’re in Minnesota, I would just like to note that I could not be more pleased that the Vikings have to play an outdoor game in terrible weather in front of fans who have to fight for the best seats while simultaneously being deprived of life-giving beer. People say that outdoor baseball in Minneapolis is a bad idea. Beats the heck out of that spectacle, no?
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 9
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 75
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)