Dec 17, 2010, 10:03 AM EDT
MLB.com says that Joe Mauer underwent minor surgery on his left knee this week. I didn’t know he needed it, but apparently it was no big deal: just some inflammation build-up. He’s expected to be good to go once spring training starts.
While we’re in Minnesota, I would just like to note that I could not be more pleased that the Vikings have to play an outdoor game in terrible weather in front of fans who have to fight for the best seats while simultaneously being deprived of life-giving beer. People say that outdoor baseball in Minneapolis is a bad idea. Beats the heck out of that spectacle, no?
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)