Dec 17, 2010, 10:03 AM EDT
MLB.com says that Joe Mauer underwent minor surgery on his left knee this week. I didn’t know he needed it, but apparently it was no big deal: just some inflammation build-up. He’s expected to be good to go once spring training starts.
While we’re in Minnesota, I would just like to note that I could not be more pleased that the Vikings have to play an outdoor game in terrible weather in front of fans who have to fight for the best seats while simultaneously being deprived of life-giving beer. People say that outdoor baseball in Minneapolis is a bad idea. Beats the heck out of that spectacle, no?
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 1
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 5
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 18
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 41
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 22