Dec 17, 2010, 8:05 PM EDT
And you thought the Hot Stove was beginning to cool down? Not yet. Not by a longshot.
OK, maybe that’s being too tame. One high-ranking executive from another team tells Morosi that Greinke “really wants out of K.C.,” while separate major league sources have confirmed that he has “unequivocally asked” the Royals to be traded.
Morosi writes that the Royals have discussed trade possibilities with numerous suitors, but Greinke is a unique case because of his no-trade clause that allows him to block trades to 15 teams. Of course, no-trade clauses have become increasingly meaningless and negotiable, so his hiring of Casey Close can’t be seen as a simple coincidence.
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 19
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 43
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- Royals acquire ace Johnny Cueto from the Reds 71
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)