Dec 17, 2010, 8:05 PM EDT
And you thought the Hot Stove was beginning to cool down? Not yet. Not by a longshot.
OK, maybe that’s being too tame. One high-ranking executive from another team tells Morosi that Greinke “really wants out of K.C.,” while separate major league sources have confirmed that he has “unequivocally asked” the Royals to be traded.
Morosi writes that the Royals have discussed trade possibilities with numerous suitors, but Greinke is a unique case because of his no-trade clause that allows him to block trades to 15 teams. Of course, no-trade clauses have become increasingly meaningless and negotiable, so his hiring of Casey Close can’t be seen as a simple coincidence.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 0
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)