Dec 17, 2010, 8:05 PM EDT
And you thought the Hot Stove was beginning to cool down? Not yet. Not by a longshot.
OK, maybe that’s being too tame. One high-ranking executive from another team tells Morosi that Greinke “really wants out of K.C.,” while separate major league sources have confirmed that he has “unequivocally asked” the Royals to be traded.
Morosi writes that the Royals have discussed trade possibilities with numerous suitors, but Greinke is a unique case because of his no-trade clause that allows him to block trades to 15 teams. Of course, no-trade clauses have become increasingly meaningless and negotiable, so his hiring of Casey Close can’t be seen as a simple coincidence.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11