Dec 17, 2010, 8:05 PM EDT
And you thought the Hot Stove was beginning to cool down? Not yet. Not by a longshot.
OK, maybe that’s being too tame. One high-ranking executive from another team tells Morosi that Greinke “really wants out of K.C.,” while separate major league sources have confirmed that he has “unequivocally asked” the Royals to be traded.
Morosi writes that the Royals have discussed trade possibilities with numerous suitors, but Greinke is a unique case because of his no-trade clause that allows him to block trades to 15 teams. Of course, no-trade clauses have become increasingly meaningless and negotiable, so his hiring of Casey Close can’t be seen as a simple coincidence.
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 3
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 49
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)