Dec 17, 2010, 8:05 PM EDT
And you thought the Hot Stove was beginning to cool down? Not yet. Not by a longshot.
OK, maybe that’s being too tame. One high-ranking executive from another team tells Morosi that Greinke “really wants out of K.C.,” while separate major league sources have confirmed that he has “unequivocally asked” the Royals to be traded.
Morosi writes that the Royals have discussed trade possibilities with numerous suitors, but Greinke is a unique case because of his no-trade clause that allows him to block trades to 15 teams. Of course, no-trade clauses have become increasingly meaningless and negotiable, so his hiring of Casey Close can’t be seen as a simple coincidence.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 49
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 24
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)