Dec 17, 2010, 3:52 PM EDT
Mike DiGiovanna of the Los Angeles Times reports that the Angels have made a “significant” offer to Adrian Beltre. With “significant” being the characterization of GM Tony Reagins.
Beltre is the biggest fish left out there, and the Angels — thought by so many to be willing to spend a bunch this winter but thus far having done very little — could use him badly. What’s worse is that if they don’t get him, the Rangers could, which would make losing out on Beltre’s services doubly bad. Doubly? Yeah, sure, why not. Doubly.
And, as we’re obligated to say in posts about Adrian Beltre, he’s an Orange County resident who is on record saying that he’d like to be on the west coast if possible, so him going to the Angels makes double-plus-good sense. Yes, double-plus-good.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)