Dec 17, 2010, 1:47 PM EDT
A friend of mine once observed that there is no greater source of power in the universe than a bored Midwesterner. It leads to things like this, coming to you at the Akron Aeros ballpark next season:
In 2011, the Akron Aeros will be serving the “Three Dog Night” during each and every home game. It’s a hot dog stuffed inside a brat stuffed inside a kielbasa, placed on a hoagie roll and then slathered with sauerkraut and spicy stadium mustard.
The Aeros play exactly 116 miles from my house. If you can’t reach me at any time next summer, you should probably assume that I’m up there ordering Three Dog Nights four at a time.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 10
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 10
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 15
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 6
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot