Dec 17, 2010, 11:51 AM EDT
The other day we heard that the Marlins may be interested in bringing Edgar Renteria back. In the story about him being insulted over the Giants’ $1 million offer, he said another team was interested, so I assumed that was the Marlins. Not so says Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post. He heard from two sources today that the Marlins haven’t even spoken about Edgar Renteria.
So, Edgar: feeling any less disrespected by the Giants’ offer yet?
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 50
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)