Dec 17, 2010, 11:51 AM EDT
The other day we heard that the Marlins may be interested in bringing Edgar Renteria back. In the story about him being insulted over the Giants’ $1 million offer, he said another team was interested, so I assumed that was the Marlins. Not so says Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post. He heard from two sources today that the Marlins haven’t even spoken about Edgar Renteria.
So, Edgar: feeling any less disrespected by the Giants’ offer yet?
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 128
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 29
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (129)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)