Dec 17, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Remember that musical chairs first baseman thing? One team may be sitting down soon: according to Bill Ladson of MLB.com, the Nationals are “actively” pursuing Derrek Lee. Ladson adds that talks don’t appear to be serious between the Nationals and Adam LaRoche. As we learned yesterday, things do appear to be serious between the Orioles and LaRoche, however, so that would leave the Padres as the team without a chair.
I know there are some Nats fans out there who are not at all thrilled about Derrek Lee, but get this: if they don’t get Lee, Ladson says they may go after Casey Kotchman. Yes, there is a difference between Lee and Kotchman, and you don’t want your team to be on the wrong side of that divide, guys. Seriously.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)