Dec 17, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Remember that musical chairs first baseman thing? One team may be sitting down soon: according to Bill Ladson of MLB.com, the Nationals are “actively” pursuing Derrek Lee. Ladson adds that talks don’t appear to be serious between the Nationals and Adam LaRoche. As we learned yesterday, things do appear to be serious between the Orioles and LaRoche, however, so that would leave the Padres as the team without a chair.
I know there are some Nats fans out there who are not at all thrilled about Derrek Lee, but get this: if they don’t get Lee, Ladson says they may go after Casey Kotchman. Yes, there is a difference between Lee and Kotchman, and you don’t want your team to be on the wrong side of that divide, guys. Seriously.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)