Dec 17, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Remember that musical chairs first baseman thing? One team may be sitting down soon: according to Bill Ladson of MLB.com, the Nationals are “actively” pursuing Derrek Lee. Ladson adds that talks don’t appear to be serious between the Nationals and Adam LaRoche. As we learned yesterday, things do appear to be serious between the Orioles and LaRoche, however, so that would leave the Padres as the team without a chair.
I know there are some Nats fans out there who are not at all thrilled about Derrek Lee, but get this: if they don’t get Lee, Ladson says they may go after Casey Kotchman. Yes, there is a difference between Lee and Kotchman, and you don’t want your team to be on the wrong side of that divide, guys. Seriously.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 3
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 6
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 54
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)