Dec 17, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Remember that musical chairs first baseman thing? One team may be sitting down soon: according to Bill Ladson of MLB.com, the Nationals are “actively” pursuing Derrek Lee. Ladson adds that talks don’t appear to be serious between the Nationals and Adam LaRoche. As we learned yesterday, things do appear to be serious between the Orioles and LaRoche, however, so that would leave the Padres as the team without a chair.
I know there are some Nats fans out there who are not at all thrilled about Derrek Lee, but get this: if they don’t get Lee, Ladson says they may go after Casey Kotchman. Yes, there is a difference between Lee and Kotchman, and you don’t want your team to be on the wrong side of that divide, guys. Seriously.
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 39
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 84
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)