Dec 17, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
Remember that musical chairs first baseman thing? One team may be sitting down soon: according to Bill Ladson of MLB.com, the Nationals are “actively” pursuing Derrek Lee. Ladson adds that talks don’t appear to be serious between the Nationals and Adam LaRoche. As we learned yesterday, things do appear to be serious between the Orioles and LaRoche, however, so that would leave the Padres as the team without a chair.
I know there are some Nats fans out there who are not at all thrilled about Derrek Lee, but get this: if they don’t get Lee, Ladson says they may go after Casey Kotchman. Yes, there is a difference between Lee and Kotchman, and you don’t want your team to be on the wrong side of that divide, guys. Seriously.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 315
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 55
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 39
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (328)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (159)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)