Dec 17, 2010, 7:04 PM EST
UPDATE: Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times reports that the player to be named later going to the Padres will be a minor leaguer and will be worked out prior to Opening Day 2011.
6:19 PM: That on-again, off-again trade that was supposed to send Jason Bartlett to the Padres? It’s finally done. With some revisions, that is.
According to Marty Caswell of XX1090 in San Diego, the Padres acquired Jason Bartlett and a player to be named later from the Rays for right-handers Adam Russell and Brandon Gomes, left-hander Cesar Ramos and infielder Cole Figueroa.
The original deal was Bartlett for Russell and Ramos, so the PTBNL, Gomes and Figueroa are the new additions here.
According to Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, the Rays have scheduled a 6:45 p.m. conference call to discuss details of the trade.
Gomes, 26, posted a 1.87 ERA over 51 relief appearances with Double-A San Antonio this past season, averaging 11.6 K/9 and 3.1 BB/9. Figueroa, a 23-year-old infielder, batted .303/.408/.392 with four home runs, 66 RBI and 26 stolen bases in 35 attempts with High-A Lake Elsinore this past season. Baseball America named him as the organization’s No. 30 prospect coming into the 2010 season. I’m not going to lie and say I’ve seen these guys play before, but they sound right up the Rays’ alley, even if they are just fliers.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)