Dec 17, 2010, 1:06 PM EDT
Players switch agents at any time and for a zillion reasons, but when a guy who is a hot trade property like Zack Greinke does it, you take special notice. Ed Price:
Greinke is now being represented by Jeff Berry and Casey Close of CAA, a major league source told FanHouse. He had been represented by SFX. The timing of the switch is interesting, as Greinke could finally get his wish for a trade out of Kansas City this winter.
In a lot of ways, dealing Greinke is more like a free agent negotiation than it is a trade, what with his reportedly massive no-trade clause. Sure, the Royals and the target team are the most important ones in any transaction, but Greinke’s blessing is going to be required. Alternatively, Greinke and/or his representation will have to talk potential trade partners into taking a chance on him given all of the uncertainty about his makeup, for lack of a better term. This is well-covered territory, of course.
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 0
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 43
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 80
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)