Dec 18, 2010, 2:58 PM EST
Last week’s Winter Meetings had a couple of scares. First, it was Jayson Werth’s humongous seven-year, $126 million contract with the Nationals that sent a shockwave of dollar signs through the baseball world. Then it was Rockies manager Jim Tracy collapsing in the hotel lobby.
Werth is still counting his money. Tracy, too, is doing just fine.
Troy Renck of the Denver Post passes along word that the 54-year-old skipper was in Colorado for organizational meetings this week and is now back at his part-time Bradenton, Florida home, free of the symptoms that caused him to lose his balance in Orlando 11 days ago.
Tracy was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, but cardiologists found no reason to keep him hospitalized longer than a day. Well, 12 hours to be exact.
“I feel strong. And I really do believe that I will feel better than ever this spring,” Tracy told Renck. “I can’t wait to get the season going again. It was scary, but this could end up helping me. … It did make me think about a lot of things.”
The Rockies begin Cactus League play in Arizona on February 26 against the Diamondbacks.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 1
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)