Dec 18, 2010, 2:58 PM EST
Last week’s Winter Meetings had a couple of scares. First, it was Jayson Werth’s humongous seven-year, $126 million contract with the Nationals that sent a shockwave of dollar signs through the baseball world. Then it was Rockies manager Jim Tracy collapsing in the hotel lobby.
Werth is still counting his money. Tracy, too, is doing just fine.
Troy Renck of the Denver Post passes along word that the 54-year-old skipper was in Colorado for organizational meetings this week and is now back at his part-time Bradenton, Florida home, free of the symptoms that caused him to lose his balance in Orlando 11 days ago.
Tracy was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat, but cardiologists found no reason to keep him hospitalized longer than a day. Well, 12 hours to be exact.
“I feel strong. And I really do believe that I will feel better than ever this spring,” Tracy told Renck. “I can’t wait to get the season going again. It was scary, but this could end up helping me. … It did make me think about a lot of things.”
The Rockies begin Cactus League play in Arizona on February 26 against the Diamondbacks.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 69
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 122
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 83
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history (124)