Dec 18, 2010, 8:53 AM EDT
All that talk about ex-GM Omar Minaya scoring another job with the Mets might actually be real.
According to Ian Belgey of ESPN New York, Minaya plans to sit down with new general manager Sandy Alderson sometime after the New Year to discuss what role he could fit in the organization.
Minaya has also drawn interest from the Diamondbacks’ front office and may have a few other offers on the table.
He is still owed $1.1 million annually over the next two years via his contract with the Mets and he can take his time finding a favorable gig.
“He and I have been friends for a long time,” Alderson said of Minaya on Friday. “I have great respect for him as a baseball person. There’s always room for somebody with his capabilities.”
Minaya was canned in October after the Mets finished the 2010 season with a 79-83 record.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)