Dec 18, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse reported Thursday that the Orioles were “closing in on signing” free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche. They are, and Jen Royle of MASN was given an idea of the financial terms Saturday from a source in the know.
LaRoche will earn between $16 million and $18 million over a three-year pact.
The money is bad, but it’s not a terrible fit.
LaRoche is a left-handed hitter and should be able to take advantage of Camden Yards’ short right porch. He launched 25 home runs and collected a career-high 100 RBI over 151 games in 2010 for Arizona and he’s a decent defender at first base.
LaRoche will be reunited in Baltimore with Mark Reynolds, who was acquired via trade from the D’Backs earlier this offseason. Arizona got right-handers David Hernandez and Kameron Mickolio in return.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)