Dec 18, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse reported Thursday that the Orioles were “closing in on signing” free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche. They are, and Jen Royle of MASN was given an idea of the financial terms Saturday from a source in the know.
LaRoche will earn between $16 million and $18 million over a three-year pact.
The money is bad, but it’s not a terrible fit.
LaRoche is a left-handed hitter and should be able to take advantage of Camden Yards’ short right porch. He launched 25 home runs and collected a career-high 100 RBI over 151 games in 2010 for Arizona and he’s a decent defender at first base.
LaRoche will be reunited in Baltimore with Mark Reynolds, who was acquired via trade from the D’Backs earlier this offseason. Arizona got right-handers David Hernandez and Kameron Mickolio in return.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 35
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 10
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 41
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree reportedly tears achilles, out for year
- PHT: Canucks reportedly fire Vigneault, assistants