Dec 18, 2010, 4:15 PM EDT
Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse reported Thursday that the Orioles were “closing in on signing” free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche. They are, and Jen Royle of MASN was given an idea of the financial terms Saturday from a source in the know.
LaRoche will earn between $16 million and $18 million over a three-year pact.
The money is bad, but it’s not a terrible fit.
LaRoche is a left-handed hitter and should be able to take advantage of Camden Yards’ short right porch. He launched 25 home runs and collected a career-high 100 RBI over 151 games in 2010 for Arizona and he’s a decent defender at first base.
LaRoche will be reunited in Baltimore with Mark Reynolds, who was acquired via trade from the D’Backs earlier this offseason. Arizona got right-handers David Hernandez and Kameron Mickolio in return.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)