Dec 18, 2010, 4:15 PM EST
Ed Price of AOL Fanhouse reported Thursday that the Orioles were “closing in on signing” free agent first baseman Adam LaRoche. They are, and Jen Royle of MASN was given an idea of the financial terms Saturday from a source in the know.
LaRoche will earn between $16 million and $18 million over a three-year pact.
The money is bad, but it’s not a terrible fit.
LaRoche is a left-handed hitter and should be able to take advantage of Camden Yards’ short right porch. He launched 25 home runs and collected a career-high 100 RBI over 151 games in 2010 for Arizona and he’s a decent defender at first base.
LaRoche will be reunited in Baltimore with Mark Reynolds, who was acquired via trade from the D’Backs earlier this offseason. Arizona got right-handers David Hernandez and Kameron Mickolio in return.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)