Dec 18, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
Like us, you’re probably trying to figure out why exactly the Phillies cut off their one-year, $1.1 million deal with left-handed reliever Dennys Reyes on Friday afternoon.
We may never know the truth.
Whether Reyes failed part of his physical (which is highly possible given his weight and conditioning issues) or whether the Phillies simply backtracked from the offer after signing Cliff Lee to a mega-deal, Phillies assistant general manager Scott Proefrock isn’t saying anything and Reyes’ representatives have not weighed in either.
But you can probably read through the lines here…
“We were not able to finish it off,” Proefrock said Friday. “We were not able to finish it off, and that’s all I’m going to say.”
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)