Dec 20, 2010, 4:10 PM EST
Someone stop the Indians’ front office, because they are en fuego! First Austin Kearns, now they’re in hot pursuit of Bartolo Colon. And that pursuit isn’t as easy at it used to be, because Colon may be … in the best shape of his life!
Antonetti said the Indians are indeed interested in Bartolo Colon and have been getting good reports from his winter ball exploits with Aguilas in the Dominican Republic. Colon, 37, has reportedly lost close to 40 pounds.
Wow. That’s pretty awesome considering how big he was the last time we saw him. If he has also addressed that chronic quitting-on-his-team problem, he may be a genuine catch!
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)