Dec 20, 2010, 4:10 PM EST
Someone stop the Indians’ front office, because they are en fuego! First Austin Kearns, now they’re in hot pursuit of Bartolo Colon. And that pursuit isn’t as easy at it used to be, because Colon may be … in the best shape of his life!
Antonetti said the Indians are indeed interested in Bartolo Colon and have been getting good reports from his winter ball exploits with Aguilas in the Dominican Republic. Colon, 37, has reportedly lost close to 40 pounds.
Wow. That’s pretty awesome considering how big he was the last time we saw him. If he has also addressed that chronic quitting-on-his-team problem, he may be a genuine catch!
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (152)
- My imaginary Hall of Fame ballot (90)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)