Dec 20, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
Someone stop the Indians’ front office, because they are en fuego! First Austin Kearns, now they’re in hot pursuit of Bartolo Colon. And that pursuit isn’t as easy at it used to be, because Colon may be … in the best shape of his life!
Antonetti said the Indians are indeed interested in Bartolo Colon and have been getting good reports from his winter ball exploits with Aguilas in the Dominican Republic. Colon, 37, has reportedly lost close to 40 pounds.
Wow. That’s pretty awesome considering how big he was the last time we saw him. If he has also addressed that chronic quitting-on-his-team problem, he may be a genuine catch!
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 240
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (240)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)