Dec 20, 2010, 4:10 PM EDT
Someone stop the Indians’ front office, because they are en fuego! First Austin Kearns, now they’re in hot pursuit of Bartolo Colon. And that pursuit isn’t as easy at it used to be, because Colon may be … in the best shape of his life!
Antonetti said the Indians are indeed interested in Bartolo Colon and have been getting good reports from his winter ball exploits with Aguilas in the Dominican Republic. Colon, 37, has reportedly lost close to 40 pounds.
Wow. That’s pretty awesome considering how big he was the last time we saw him. If he has also addressed that chronic quitting-on-his-team problem, he may be a genuine catch!
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)