Dec 20, 2010, 11:48 AM EDT
According to the team’s Twitter feed, Chan Ho Park has signed with the Orix Buffaloes of Japan’s Pacific League.
Park compiled a 4.66 ERA and 52/19 K/BB ratio over 63 2/3 innings between the Yankees and Pirates last season. The 37-year-old right-hander has a 4.36 ERA over parts of 17 major league seasons. He became the first South Korean to play in the majors when he made his debut with the Dodgers in 1994.
He would have easily been able to find another bullpen gig in the major leagues this winter, but apparently spending half the season with the Pirates was enough to convince him to leave the country.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)