Dec 20, 2010, 11:48 AM EST
According to the team’s Twitter feed, Chan Ho Park has signed with the Orix Buffaloes of Japan’s Pacific League.
Park compiled a 4.66 ERA and 52/19 K/BB ratio over 63 2/3 innings between the Yankees and Pirates last season. The 37-year-old right-hander has a 4.36 ERA over parts of 17 major league seasons. He became the first South Korean to play in the majors when he made his debut with the Dodgers in 1994.
He would have easily been able to find another bullpen gig in the major leagues this winter, but apparently spending half the season with the Pirates was enough to convince him to leave the country.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)