Dec 20, 2010, 10:48 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Brewers have signed Craig Counsell. That’s the sort of thing a team does when they realize that Yuniesky Betancourt is at the top of your depth chart at shortstop.
OK, not totally fair: the Brewers have been thinking about keeping Counsell in the fold for some time now. He’s 40, but with Alcides Escobar gone, he may see more time than he saw as a utility player last year.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 30
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)