Dec 20, 2010, 10:14 AM EDT
Over the weekend Jen Royle of MASN reported that the O’s had offered Adam LaRoche three years and as much as $18 million. She has updated her report and now says that the O’s are offering LaRoche three-years and $21 million.
I still think LaRoche makes sense in Baltimore, but boy, that contract is starting to look a bit heavy. It’s been suggested that Derrek Lee is only seeking a one-year deal, with the Nationals as his most eager suitor. If I were the O’s I’d consider bidding on Lee — even if it makes him a tad more expensive — if he’d be happy with a single year rather than give three to LaRoche. I mean, LaRoche or someone like him seems to be available every winter. Why make such a commitment to the guy?
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 36
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 213
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (214)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)