Dec 20, 2010, 10:14 AM EDT
Over the weekend Jen Royle of MASN reported that the O’s had offered Adam LaRoche three years and as much as $18 million. She has updated her report and now says that the O’s are offering LaRoche three-years and $21 million.
I still think LaRoche makes sense in Baltimore, but boy, that contract is starting to look a bit heavy. It’s been suggested that Derrek Lee is only seeking a one-year deal, with the Nationals as his most eager suitor. If I were the O’s I’d consider bidding on Lee — even if it makes him a tad more expensive — if he’d be happy with a single year rather than give three to LaRoche. I mean, LaRoche or someone like him seems to be available every winter. Why make such a commitment to the guy?
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 45
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 121
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 86
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (202)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (123)