Dec 20, 2010, 10:14 AM EDT
Over the weekend Jen Royle of MASN reported that the O’s had offered Adam LaRoche three years and as much as $18 million. She has updated her report and now says that the O’s are offering LaRoche three-years and $21 million.
I still think LaRoche makes sense in Baltimore, but boy, that contract is starting to look a bit heavy. It’s been suggested that Derrek Lee is only seeking a one-year deal, with the Nationals as his most eager suitor. If I were the O’s I’d consider bidding on Lee — even if it makes him a tad more expensive — if he’d be happy with a single year rather than give three to LaRoche. I mean, LaRoche or someone like him seems to be available every winter. Why make such a commitment to the guy?
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)