Dec 20, 2010, 10:05 AM EDT
Jon Heyman tweets that the Royals asked the Yankees for Jesus Montero and Eduardo Nunez in exchange for Zack Greinke and told the Yankees that Greinke would drop his no-trade clause. The Yankees rejected the offer, however, because they did not believe that Greinke was a good fit for New York.
It’s interesting that the reason for the Yankees putting the kibosh on the deal was not the asking price but the whole Greinke-can’t-handle-New York thing. Potentially presumptuous — God help Brian Cashman if Greinke and the Brewers go deep into the playoffs this year — but also reflective of the risks involved.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 6
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 37
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)