Dec 20, 2010, 10:05 AM EST
Jon Heyman tweets that the Royals asked the Yankees for Jesus Montero and Eduardo Nunez in exchange for Zack Greinke and told the Yankees that Greinke would drop his no-trade clause. The Yankees rejected the offer, however, because they did not believe that Greinke was a good fit for New York.
It’s interesting that the reason for the Yankees putting the kibosh on the deal was not the asking price but the whole Greinke-can’t-handle-New York thing. Potentially presumptuous — God help Brian Cashman if Greinke and the Brewers go deep into the playoffs this year — but also reflective of the risks involved.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)