Dec 20, 2010, 10:05 AM EDT
Jon Heyman tweets that the Royals asked the Yankees for Jesus Montero and Eduardo Nunez in exchange for Zack Greinke and told the Yankees that Greinke would drop his no-trade clause. The Yankees rejected the offer, however, because they did not believe that Greinke was a good fit for New York.
It’s interesting that the reason for the Yankees putting the kibosh on the deal was not the asking price but the whole Greinke-can’t-handle-New York thing. Potentially presumptuous — God help Brian Cashman if Greinke and the Brewers go deep into the playoffs this year — but also reflective of the risks involved.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming