Dec 20, 2010, 5:06 PM EDT
Person with knowledge of Pettitte’s thinking puts his chances of a return at 30%. “There is a very real possibility that he will retire.”
Someone in the last thread suggested that maybe Pettitte has already decided to retire, the Yankees know it, and that they both agreed to keep mum about it so as not to make the Yankees seem even more desperate for pitching than they are, thereby making it slightly easier for them to make a deal.
I have no idea if that’s true. I will say, though, that it makes more logical sense than a grown man taking several months to make a decision with as few variables in play as the one facing Andy Pettitte.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)