Dec 21, 2010, 11:32 AM EDT
I had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Orris at the Winter Meetings. Two takeaways from meeting Kevin: (1) he’s impossibly, ridiculously, painfully young; and (2) he’s really, really damn bright. If any of us had it as together as he does at his age we’d all be running teams right now.
Anyway, today Kevin has a post up over at the Braves blog Capitol Avenue Club talking about Freddie Freeman, who will most likely be manning first base for the Braves next season. In addition to his analysis of Freeman as a prospect, Kevin has a link to an interview he conducted of Freeman during the 2009 season. Freeman is easily the biggest X-factor for the Braves next season — the most we know about him is that he has a chance to be the best Braves player named Freeman since Marvin — so information on him is at a premium. Kevin has the best information I’ve seen so far.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 16
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 182
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)