Dec 21, 2010, 11:32 AM EDT
I had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Orris at the Winter Meetings. Two takeaways from meeting Kevin: (1) he’s impossibly, ridiculously, painfully young; and (2) he’s really, really damn bright. If any of us had it as together as he does at his age we’d all be running teams right now.
Anyway, today Kevin has a post up over at the Braves blog Capitol Avenue Club talking about Freddie Freeman, who will most likely be manning first base for the Braves next season. In addition to his analysis of Freeman as a prospect, Kevin has a link to an interview he conducted of Freeman during the 2009 season. Freeman is easily the biggest X-factor for the Braves next season — the most we know about him is that he has a chance to be the best Braves player named Freeman since Marvin — so information on him is at a premium. Kevin has the best information I’ve seen so far.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)