Dec 21, 2010, 11:32 AM EDT
I had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Orris at the Winter Meetings. Two takeaways from meeting Kevin: (1) he’s impossibly, ridiculously, painfully young; and (2) he’s really, really damn bright. If any of us had it as together as he does at his age we’d all be running teams right now.
Anyway, today Kevin has a post up over at the Braves blog Capitol Avenue Club talking about Freddie Freeman, who will most likely be manning first base for the Braves next season. In addition to his analysis of Freeman as a prospect, Kevin has a link to an interview he conducted of Freeman during the 2009 season. Freeman is easily the biggest X-factor for the Braves next season — the most we know about him is that he has a chance to be the best Braves player named Freeman since Marvin — so information on him is at a premium. Kevin has the best information I’ve seen so far.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 29
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (236)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)