Dec 21, 2010, 11:32 AM EST
I had the pleasure of meeting Kevin Orris at the Winter Meetings. Two takeaways from meeting Kevin: (1) he’s impossibly, ridiculously, painfully young; and (2) he’s really, really damn bright. If any of us had it as together as he does at his age we’d all be running teams right now.
Anyway, today Kevin has a post up over at the Braves blog Capitol Avenue Club talking about Freddie Freeman, who will most likely be manning first base for the Braves next season. In addition to his analysis of Freeman as a prospect, Kevin has a link to an interview he conducted of Freeman during the 2009 season. Freeman is easily the biggest X-factor for the Braves next season — the most we know about him is that he has a chance to be the best Braves player named Freeman since Marvin — so information on him is at a premium. Kevin has the best information I’ve seen so far.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 236
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (243)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)