Great Moments in Self-Promotion

Dec 21, 2010, 11:06 AM EDT

Craig Closeup BW

Our friend Eno Sarris conducted an email interview of little old me over the past couple of days and the results of it are up over at FanGraphs.  Well, NotGraphs, which is where people like me who are afraid of math go for levity and more right-brained thinking.

I talk a bit about my background, a lot about my time in the legal biz, how my legal training and experience informs my blogging and then I offer some friendly advice to would-be baseball bloggers out there.

Bonus: there’s a picture of me on there from almost three years and 20 pounds ago, in which I appear to be making a baseball hover in mid-air. Bonus to the bonus: it’s the only known picture in the world that features both the Ohio Capitol building, a copy of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and a baseball autographed by George Brett.  Enjoy.

1. BC - Dec 21, 2010 at 11:22 AM

You realize of course by posting a photo you’re opening yourself up for photoshop-a-palooza…. ;-)

• Craig Calcaterra - Dec 21, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Yeah. But given my mug and chrome dome. anything you all can do is going to be an improvement.

• BC - Dec 21, 2010 at 11:26 AM

2. mattintoledo - Dec 21, 2010 at 11:24 AM

There goes the value of the photo I have with the Ohio Capital building, a copy of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and a baseball autographed by George Brett.

3. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Dec 21, 2010 at 12:02 PM

Good interview, Michael Clayton.

4. tadthebad - Dec 21, 2010 at 1:00 PM

That’s the one in which, during the photo session, the photographer informed you that “natural light sucks.” Is that right?

• Craig Calcaterra - Dec 21, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Pretty much. The light that appears to be coming from my laptop in that pic was actually a light he set up next to it. “Because despite what you see in the movies, LCD monitors don’t light up anything.” Which is right, I think.

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Dec 21, 2010 at 4:01 PM

yes, xkcd tackled this

5. billybeaneismyhero - Dec 21, 2010 at 8:43 PM

To the Blogger formerly known as Shysterball –

As one of the countless newby bloggers who has emailed you asking for advice, I definitely appreciate the advice you gave to me.

Thanks again!

Chip @ BBIMH

6. jobooo - Dec 22, 2010 at 10:32 PM

I “fixed” that photo for you.

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. R. Castillo (3277)