Dec 21, 2010, 11:06 AM EDT
Our friend Eno Sarris conducted an email interview of little old me over the past couple of days and the results of it are up over at FanGraphs. Well, NotGraphs, which is where people like me who are afraid of math go for levity and more right-brained thinking.
I talk a bit about my background, a lot about my time in the legal biz, how my legal training and experience informs my blogging and then I offer some friendly advice to would-be baseball bloggers out there.
Bonus: there’s a picture of me on there from almost three years and 20 pounds ago, in which I appear to be making a baseball hover in mid-air. Bonus to the bonus: it’s the only known picture in the world that features both the Ohio Capitol building, a copy of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and a baseball autographed by George Brett. Enjoy.
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 14
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 75
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)