Dec 21, 2010, 8:46 AM EDT
I don’t read Roch Kubato’s blog every day so maybe this is just part of his shtick, but if not, this is mildly interesting:
Yesterday passed without the Orioles doing anything. President of baseball operations Andy MacPhail might have made contact with more agents or rival executives, but that’s only an assumption. The media has been left in the dark because he’s no longer returning our calls.
Or maybe it’s just Kubato’s calls he’s not returning. I have no idea. If it’s everyone’s, though, maybe MacPhail is just getting tired of being asked if three years is too great a commitment to make to a guy like Adam LaRoche.
Kubato has some other suggestions in his post, including cutting bait on LaRoche if he won’t take the $21 million offer that’s on the table, going after Vladimir Guerrero and moving Luke Scott to first base. Makes sense to me. At least if Luke Scott believes in the existence of first base. If not, though, I won’t judge him because who am I to cast aspersions on a man’s opinions?
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 22
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 15
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 78
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 53
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (280)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)