Dec 21, 2010, 8:46 AM EDT
I don’t read Roch Kubato’s blog every day so maybe this is just part of his shtick, but if not, this is mildly interesting:
Yesterday passed without the Orioles doing anything. President of baseball operations Andy MacPhail might have made contact with more agents or rival executives, but that’s only an assumption. The media has been left in the dark because he’s no longer returning our calls.
Or maybe it’s just Kubato’s calls he’s not returning. I have no idea. If it’s everyone’s, though, maybe MacPhail is just getting tired of being asked if three years is too great a commitment to make to a guy like Adam LaRoche.
Kubato has some other suggestions in his post, including cutting bait on LaRoche if he won’t take the $21 million offer that’s on the table, going after Vladimir Guerrero and moving Luke Scott to first base. Makes sense to me. At least if Luke Scott believes in the existence of first base. If not, though, I won’t judge him because who am I to cast aspersions on a man’s opinions?
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)