Dec 21, 2010, 8:46 AM EDT
I don’t read Roch Kubato’s blog every day so maybe this is just part of his shtick, but if not, this is mildly interesting:
Yesterday passed without the Orioles doing anything. President of baseball operations Andy MacPhail might have made contact with more agents or rival executives, but that’s only an assumption. The media has been left in the dark because he’s no longer returning our calls.
Or maybe it’s just Kubato’s calls he’s not returning. I have no idea. If it’s everyone’s, though, maybe MacPhail is just getting tired of being asked if three years is too great a commitment to make to a guy like Adam LaRoche.
Kubato has some other suggestions in his post, including cutting bait on LaRoche if he won’t take the $21 million offer that’s on the table, going after Vladimir Guerrero and moving Luke Scott to first base. Makes sense to me. At least if Luke Scott believes in the existence of first base. If not, though, I won’t judge him because who am I to cast aspersions on a man’s opinions?
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)