Dec 21, 2010, 8:46 AM EDT
I don’t read Roch Kubato’s blog every day so maybe this is just part of his shtick, but if not, this is mildly interesting:
Yesterday passed without the Orioles doing anything. President of baseball operations Andy MacPhail might have made contact with more agents or rival executives, but that’s only an assumption. The media has been left in the dark because he’s no longer returning our calls.
Or maybe it’s just Kubato’s calls he’s not returning. I have no idea. If it’s everyone’s, though, maybe MacPhail is just getting tired of being asked if three years is too great a commitment to make to a guy like Adam LaRoche.
Kubato has some other suggestions in his post, including cutting bait on LaRoche if he won’t take the $21 million offer that’s on the table, going after Vladimir Guerrero and moving Luke Scott to first base. Makes sense to me. At least if Luke Scott believes in the existence of first base. If not, though, I won’t judge him because who am I to cast aspersions on a man’s opinions?
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)