Dec 21, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
Fresh off negotiating multi-year contract extensions for clients Jay Bruce and Ricky Nolasco, agent Matt Sosnick fielded some questions from Jason Rosenberg of It’s About the Money.
The entire interview is worth a gander, as is Rosenberg’s first — and much lengthier — interview with Sosnick from 2008. However, I found this succinct answer to be rather entertaining.
IIATMS: More of a macro question… it has been quite the memorable offseason with Boston’s two huge acquisitions, Phillies’ surprise acquisition of Cliff Lee and the WhiteSox double dip of Dunn and Konerko. Detroit, too, has been aggressive while the Yanks have come up uncharacteristically empty. What takeaways do you have from the 2010 offseason?
MS: I think this off-season shows that the game is very healthy from a financial standpoint.
You know, sometimes you don’t need an emoticon. You can bet Sosnick was smiling ear-to-ear when he wrote that.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 48
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 10
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 46
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 7
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months