Dec 21, 2010, 9:49 PM EDT
The Mets have been fairly quiet so far this winter and it looks like it will stay that way, at least until after the new year.
According to Andy Martino of the New York Daily News, the Mets are not “engaging further” with Freddy Garcia, beyond what was initially reported earlier this month. They would be open to pursuing him if some of their other options fall through.
With that in mind, Martino hears that the club hasn’t made an offer to Chris Young at any point. However, a team source says that pitching remains “our top priority” and that they plan to sign a pitcher before acquiring a fourth outfielder or any additional help for their bench.
Mets fans shouldn’t freak out over the team’s current holding pattern. Judging by the general lack of activity tonight, I’d say many teams are already in vacation mode.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)