Dec 21, 2010, 9:49 PM EDT
The Mets have been fairly quiet so far this winter and it looks like it will stay that way, at least until after the new year.
According to Andy Martino of the New York Daily News, the Mets are not “engaging further” with Freddy Garcia, beyond what was initially reported earlier this month. They would be open to pursuing him if some of their other options fall through.
With that in mind, Martino hears that the club hasn’t made an offer to Chris Young at any point. However, a team source says that pitching remains “our top priority” and that they plan to sign a pitcher before acquiring a fourth outfielder or any additional help for their bench.
Mets fans shouldn’t freak out over the team’s current holding pattern. Judging by the general lack of activity tonight, I’d say many teams are already in vacation mode.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)